The below provides a general overview on this topic and may not apply to everyone. Any treatment protocol should be discussed with a qualified healthcare practitioner ... Please refer to: Medical & Legal Disclaimer.
Identifying the cause of chronic fatigue is often challenging. However, there are ways to keep symptoms under control. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services offers the following suggestions:
- Keep a log of activities that trigger extreme fatigue, and try to avoid those things.
- Try to get some light exercise. But always talk to your doctor before starting an exercise program.
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever for the aches, muscle and joint pain, and headaches that can accompany the syndrome.
- Try a non-drowsy antihistamine to help with allergy-like symptoms.
- Talk to your doctor about whether an antidepressant can help you feel and sleep better.
- Join a support group.
It is important to find out the cause of your fatigue - whether it is a underlying medical condition, such as:
- Adrenal exhaustion aka Adrenal fatigue
- Food Intolerance
- Mercuy Poisoning - Mercury cuts the oxygen-carrying capacity of blood by half - resulting in chronic fatigue.
If your doctor can't find an underlying medical explanation, you might try the following foods:
- Dried figs contain slow-burning natural sugars for a lasting energy boost. They are also full of potassium and calcium, and are low in fat, cholesterol and sodium.
- Cayenne pepper. Mix 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper into a cup of water and drink it down.
- Chia seeds - available at health food stores - are high in beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, and they seem to aid the circulatory system. The seeds can be ground and sprinkled on salads or soups.
Information contained on this website is provided as general reference only. For application to specific circumstances, professional advice should be sought.
GreenAndHealthy.Info strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!