A Guide to All Symptoms of Yeast Infections
Yeast Infection Resource ... Index of Diseases / Health Conditions ... Medicinal Foods, Herbs, Spices & Household Items
Yeast Infection Treatment, causes, symptoms and more.
Today's special: Yogurt Yeast Infection Cure
What is Candida
Candida is a fungus that naturally lives on our bodies and there are around 20 types that can cause us infections or illness.
If it stays at normal levels it is harmless but when it multiplies it can lead to a yeast infection.
The symptoms are very unpleasant and irritating and can affect a person's daily routine. A lot of people do not know enough about the infection to know that they have it and how to treat it. It takes the infection reaching to unbearable levels of symptoms to get some people to take action.
The infection likes places that are warm and moist and so usually happens in the mouth, throat, genitalia and digestive track. Though it is more common in women men can be infected too. If your immune system is weakened and you are lacking good bacteria then the fungus over grows leading to an infection. Symptoms start off very mild and gradually get worse and worse. It is not an infection that goes away if ignored. Reasons for an infection include:
- As mentioned a weak immune system.
- Prolonged use of antibiotics kill the good bacteria that control the growth of the fungus.
- Cancer or other serious illnesses can leave you more prone to a yeast infection, sometimes due to the disease itself and sometimes due to the treatment like chemotherapy.
- Anything that affects the balance of hormones, so pregnancy, birth control pills, menstruation and menopause.
Symptoms vary from case to case but include:
- Allergic reactions
- Flu like symptoms
The three more common signs a woman should be aware of are:
- a white or yellowy discharge
- itching that may range from being mild to severe
- pain or discomfort and redness.
It is important to act as quickly as possible to treat the infection, the sooner the better in fact.
Information contained on this website is provided as general reference only. For application to specific circumstances, professional advice should be sought.
GreenAndHealthy.Info strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!