Toxic Fluoride: The Case Against Forced Medication
Index of Diseases / Health Conditions ... Medicinal Foods, Herbs, Spices & Household Items
The below provides a general overview of this topic and may not apply to everyone. Any treatment protocol should be discussed with a qualified healthcare practitioner ... Please refer to: Medical & Legal Disclaimer.
Facts / Research about Fluoride:
- The reputable Environmental Working Group lists Fluoride as a severe biological poison. It is listed as a Part II Poison under the UK Poisons Act 1972. It is illegal to dump it into rivers and lakes or release the parent gases into the atmosphere.
- The chemicals used to fluoridate the water are not pharmaceutical grade, but rather hazardous waste products of the fertilizer and aluminum fertilizer industry.
- Fluoride is one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin nerve gas (Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl Fluoride).
- In November of 2006, the American Dental Association (ADA) advised that parents should avoid giving babies fluoridated water."
- Sources of fluoride include fluoride dental products, fluoride pesticides, and fluoridated pharmaceuticals. To add to the problem, most states add at least 1 ppm of sodium fluoride or fluorosilicic acid (radioactive toxic waste that contains fluoride) to the water supply, therefore, foods and beverages made with fluoridated water and beverages should also be avoided.
- A 2010 study showed that exposure to fluoride may lower children's intelligence. PR Newswire reports: "About 28 percent of the children in the low-fluoride area scored as bright, normal or higher intelligence compared to only 8 percent in the 'high' fluoride area ... in the high-fluoride city, 15 percent had scores indicating mental retardation and only 6 percent in the low-fluoride city." Source: PR Newswire
- Fluoride also causes gum pockets - as fluoride severs the protein molecules adhering the gums to the teeth.
Why do dentists still recommend it?
Dentists have been taught that fluoride changes the main mineral in tooth enamel, hydroxyapatite, into a more decay-resistant material known as fluorapatite. However, recent research found that the fluorapatite layer formed in this way is only 6 nanometers thick -- thus it would take 10,000 of these layers to span the width of a human hair. According to Science Daily: "The scientists question whether a layer so thin, which is quickly worn away by ordinary chewing, really can shield teeth from decay". Source: Science Daily
Additionally, dentists are not trained in toxicities and are simply following many decades of misinformation from public health and dental associations.
- Scroll down or click here to find out what renowned scientists have to say ...
Health Problems Associated with Fluoride:
- Bad Teeth & Gums: Fluoride causes receding gums as it severs all proteins because of its highly negative character; it breaks the positive hydrogen bonds, which hold the coils together. Research has also established that fluoride makes teeth WORSE and not better. Fluoride in water increased tooth cavities in four large reliable studies (7%, 22%, 45% and 10%, averaging 21%). The increases are a result of the fact that adenosine diphosphatase is destroyed by fluoride and calcium fluoride which causes the enamel to weaken, be brittle and discolored. The mechanism for destruction of enzymes by fluoride has been proven by x-ray studies.
Dr. Gerard F. Judd, Professor, Chemist and Researcher, in his book, "Good Teeth Birth to Death" offers the below tips to obtain perfect teeth:
- Rinse acids off the teeth during eating
- Take calcium pills with vitamin D daily
- Take freshly made sodium ascorbate daily for gum connections to the teeth. Click here for information
- Avoid all fluoride products. They destroy teeth, unravel enzymes and cause 113 ailments
- Lower IQ & Alzheimer's Disease: The report also notes that "a series of epidemiological studies in China have associated high fluoride exposures with lower IQ." Fluoride makes your body absorb extra aluminum and aluminum is the metal that shows up alarmingly in the brains of Alzheimer's victims.
- Damaged Liver & Kidney Functions: An August 2006 Chinese study found that fluoride in drinking water damages children's liver and kidney functions.
- Cancer: In 2005, a study conducted at the Harvard School of Dental Health found that fluoride in tap water directly contributes to causing bone cancer in young boys. "New American research suggests that boys exposed to fluoride between the ages of five and 10 will suffer an increased rate of osteosarcoma - bone cancer - between the ages of 10 and 19," according to a London Observer article about the study.
Based on the findings of the study, the respected Environmental Working Group lobbied to have fluoride in tap water be added to the US government's classified list of substances known or anticipated to cause cancer in humans.
Cancer rates in the U.S. have skyrocketed with one in three people now contracting the disease at some stage in their life.
The link to bone cancer has also been discovered by other scientists, but a controversy ensued after it emerged that Harvard Professor Chester Douglass, who downplayed the connection in his final report, was, in fact, editor-in-chief of The Colgate Oral Health Report, a quarterly newsletter funded by Colgate-Palmolive Co., which makes fluoridated toothpaste.
- Fluoride interferes with thyroid function
- Death: The warning on toothpaste tubes is due to lawsuits in which children were poisoned by fluoride-containing toothpaste. For instance, Keith Cantor, a little boy from Oregon died in the dentist’s chair from ingesting ½ teaspoon of fluoride, and 3 kidney dialysis patients were killed in 1998 at the University of Chicago Medical School when nurses used unpurified Chicago tap water for dialysis.
- Decreased Bone Density: "Epidemiological studies and tests on lab animals suggest that high fluoride exposure increases the risk of bone fracture, especially in vulnerable populations such as the elderly and diabetics," writes Fagin.
- Fluoride is harmful to our bones. It causes an apparent increase in bone mass, but the bone structure is abnormal and weak. (Ref: Yiamouyiannis, John, Fluoride, The Aging Factor, Health Action Press, 1986)
- Studies indicate that hip fractures are more common in areas where water is fluoridated. (Ref.: C Cooper et al, "Water fluoridation and hip fracture", Journal of the American Medical Association, July 1991, 19(32):513-514)
- A study at the University of Toronto confirmed that residents of cities that fluoridate have double the fluoride in their hip bones vis-a-vis the balance of the population. It was discovered that fluoride is actually altering the basic architecture of human bones When fluoride accumulates in the bones, a debilitating condition called "skeletal fluorosis" results -- causing bones to be extremely weak and brittle. Earlier symptoms are brittle teeth,
- Fluorosis: Fagin interviewed Steven Levy, director of the Iowa Fluoride Study which tracked about 700 Iowa children for sixteen years. Nine-year-old "Iowa children who lived in communities where the water was fluoridated were 50 percent more likely to have mild fluorosis ... than [nine-year-old] children living in non-fluoridated areas of the state," writes Fagin.
- Weight Gain / Altered Endocrine Function: The Scientific American study concluded, " that fluoride can subtly alter endocrine function, especially in the thyroid -- the gland that produces hormones regulating growth and metabolism." Fluoride was used to depress the overactive thyroid. Fluorine is the most reactive halogen, while iodine is one of the lower halogens, so when the fluoride meets up with iodine in your thyroid, it displaces the iodine. Fluoride has no function in the human body, including the thyroid. The metabolism shifts into a more leisurely mode and we gain weight as a result of thyroid depression.
Doctors are speaking out against the use of Fluoride:
"I am appalled at the prospect of using water as a vehicle for drugs. Fluoride is a corrosive poison that will produce serious effects on a long-range basis. Any attempt to use water this way is deplorable."
Dr. Charles Gordon Heyd, Past President of the American Medical
"fluoridation ... it is the greatest fraud that has ever been perpetrated and it has been perpetrated on more people than any other fraud has. "
Professor Albert Schatz, Ph.D. (Microbiology), Discoverer of streptomycin & Nobel Prize Winner.
"What is the matter with your scientists that they allow your government to be so stupid?", October 4, 1998, commenting on the UK government's support for fluoridation.
Professor A.K. Susheela (author of over 100 published scientific papers)
"The level of fluoride the government allows the public is based on scientifically fraudulent information and altered reports. People can be harmed simply by drinking water."
Dr. Robert Carton, Ph.D, former Environmental Protection Agency, Scientist (20 years), Food & Water Journal, Summer 1998
"Fluoride is a carcinogen by any standard we use. I believe EPA should act immediately to protect the public, not just on the cancer data, but on the evidence of bone fractures, arthritis, mutagenicity, and other effects."
Dr. William Marcus, Ph.D, Environmental Protection Agency Scientist, Food & Water Journal, Summer 1998
GreenAndHealthy.Info strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please contact us with corrections.