Biting Mites or WHAT????
Back to "Biting Mites" page
One of the former sufferers who beat the mite problem that tormented his family for 10 months kindly shares with us the protocol of how he was able to eradicate the mite from his home and his family:
"Protocol I used to rid my family and myself of the invisible mite. I will not get into details of how this started or how doctors ignored us. I will tell you how I was able to rid my family of 5 (including myself) of these invisible biting mites.
1. Permethrin Cream:
Although Permethrin creams seemed pretty much useless in ridding ourselves of the mites it did seem to help keep them off of us while we had it on. Sometimes the Permethrin Cream seemed to make the mites mad and they bite worse but eventually, they died. We were able to use the permethrin cream to get the mites off of my 5 and 6-year-old children and luckily for us, my mother was able to watch them and take them to school and pick them up from school for about 3-4 months while we worked at removing the mites from the house. We had the invisible mites for over 9 months in total. Every affected person you can remove from your environment is one less host for these things. Do not try to use the Permethrin Cream more often than prescribed. I did this trying to get a good night's sleep and woke up one night very sick I thought I was going to pass out and luckily made it to the shower. After I washed it off I felt better but still could feel the toxic effects.
I realized that Windex originally does kill the mites but you need to spray a lot. That being said you will need a respirator from a hardware store that is used to spray pesticides. Spraying everything in our house seemed to bring the number of mites way down. The Windex did not stain our \"off-white\" carpet but please use caution when spraying it on light-colored items of value. Use the Windex to spray out your cars, homes, and work area wherever you work. When you spray your home get the ceilings, walls, floors, and everywhere possible. I work in an office building and Windex does not look out of place in an office. I would spray my car as I exited since it isn't really safe to drive with a mask on and it can bother your eyes if you spray too heavily with the Windex and immediately enter the car to drive.
I did try spraying with Ammonia but the results were not half as good as Windex. Also, you need to be careful if you have just sprayed with bleach/water because the Ammonia-D in the Windex and the bleach will make some toxic fumes.
I found that spraying Original Listerine on me in the shower from a spray bottle helped to rinse the mites off and the crawling feeling would go away so I could get a good night's sleep and concentrate at work. The Listerine seems to bother them enough so they let go of you and rinse off with the water. If you have this you know regular showers with soap, water and shampoos do nothing to these things. I believe this also helps to wash off the pheromones you are marked with or at least disrupts pheromone communications mites use. Spray the shower floor with Windex after showering because Listerine doesn't seem to kill them and the shower floor was covered with biting mites that were washed off of us but not killed. Spray your feet several times because a lot of mites seem to try and hold on to your feet in a last-ditch effort and your feet will become infested.
After we started to use Ivermectin weekly we noticed big a big difference. Tell your doctor it is now considered the first line of defense in dealing with sarcoptic mites if they do not want to prescribe it.
5. Stop eating sugar or cut it way back if you have to ingest some.
I had read about people getting good results after they stopped eating sugar so I decided to give it a try. After about 2 to 3 days I noticed a big improvement and so did my wife. If possible start a candida diet, these mites seem to be attracted to people with infections or fungus problems.
6. Work to improve your immune system.
Some people who have had problems with these invisible biting mites also are immunosuppressed. My 15-year-old is on immunosuppressive drugs and I feel that also led us to have more problems to riding ourselves off the mite. Get as much sleep as possible these mites really disrupt sleep patterns.
Bathing with Listerine right before bed seemed to help a lot. A washing section is below but sheets need to be washed daily and spray the bed a few times during the day with Windex.
Realize that these mites can be beat - my family and I are a living example.
- So, try and relax and not build up the bugs in your mind. Stress is a big contributor of immune system problems
- Take vitamins, exercise if possible, pray.
- Find a discussion groups like the ones mentioned below and join in:
- http://www.topix.com/forum/health/scabies (even though these mites are not scabies this group of people will understand what you are going through. I learned all my cleaning methods there)
- www.birdmites.org There you will find a discussion group--join it.
Isolation is a big problem with these mites which leads to depression. You need to talk about issues with others don't keep it inside. I only found very few people who never had the problem who would listen to me. Most people make a joke about it or change the subject or offer simple useless advice because they don't really understand what is going on.
I cleaned all surfaces possible with Windex, I tried sprinkling many different things in our carpets borax* seemed to work the best don't forget to sprinkle it in the car carpets. I mopped with 20 Mule borax* and it made our hardwood floors look terrible but it gave us good results with the mites. You can buy it as a laundry detergent and it is a laundry booster. It helped a lot putting borax* into my shoes as they would quickly get infested. (*Be VERY cautious when using Borax [sodium borate], which can also cause serious health problems, including death.)
Bag dirty clothes in trash bags and seal them until you wash them. Wash clothes with bleach, detergent and 20 mule borax* in every load. (drying clothes for 2 hours didn't kill the mites and it was going to bed with the biting mites and getting no sleep). Try not to just drop the clothes out of the bag into the washing machine from a high distance allowing a gust of wind to come up, the mites will get on your face and head if you do this and bite you.
These things breed in dirty clothes and the biting after doing laundry was unbearable until I figured out the washing routine. Throw away used trash bags quickly do not reuse.
Get dust mite mattress covers with a zipper and seal up your mattress. Spray it with Windex several times during the day and pull your bed away from the wall. Some people have to throw away their mattress and get an air mattress until the mites are gone. The air matresses are easy to clean.
9. MSM cream
Make this yourself and you will have an effective product. 1 part MSM powered to 12 parts hand cream of your choice with a 1/2 teaspoon of tea tree oil*. Microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Apply cream all over your body to dry out mites on your body and repel mites in your environment.
Note to Bird Owners: *Tea Tree Essential has caused paralysis in birds when the dosage administered was too high. As safe doses have not been established, it's best not to use this essential oil around your birds.
10. What didn't help for us?
- Enzyme cleaners and peppermint sprays didn't help at all for us. Many people do get relief using Enzyme cleaners but since it cost 95 dollars and it did nothing for our mites I feel I should mention it. Some people could use the 95 dollars another way.
- Online scabies and lice medicines.
Remember the healing will come but it is a slow process. I hope this helps others it is how we were able to get back to a normal life after almost 10 months of misery.
Also, remember this is a long fight and there were no silver bullets for us even if the doctors could have identified the problem. Keep that in mind so you don't get discouraged. A lot of people feel that if they can just prove to the doctor they are suffering and it is not in their head then the doctors can give them a magic pill.
It would be nice if there was a "magic pill" but please don't get your hopes up.
God Bless you. I hope this will help other people and families."
Alexander Ray - www.your-protection.com
If you would like to share with GreenAndHealthy.Info visitors your own experiences, please e-mail GreenAndHealthy.Info Webmaster.
Photo contributions and articles are welcome!