Silver Amalgam (Mercury) Dental Fillings: Are Your Teeth Making You Sick?

Relevant Resources

Mercury Fillings in our Teeth


Mercury-Amalgam Fillings are commonly referred to as silver or amalgam fillings. However, considering their high percentage of mercury content (between 40 to 55%) - these fillings should really be called mercury fillings. The typical adult has ten amalgam fillings containing about 5 grams of mercury. Other than mercury, the fillings contain copper, silver, tin, and zinc (please refer to heavy metal toxicities).

These amalgam fillings can easily be identified. They look silver when new and later turn grey or black. The name "amalgam" reflects the ability of mercury to bind powdered silver and other heavy metals into a hard filling.



Risk of Mercury Exposure:

Conventional dentistry long asserted that the above-described amalgamation process renders the mercury non-toxic.

However, people with mercury fillings have higher levels of mercury in their urine, blood and brain than people without fillings. Videos have shown how toxic gas is emitted from these fillings after simple agitation (as would occur when chewing food or grinding the teeth).

Dentists claim that exposing patients to mercury didn't necessarily mean that they were absorbing it into their bodies.

A research facility of the medical school at the University of Calgary in Canada conducted animal research that proved that mercury in dental fillings is absorbed into the bodies of mammals. First, researchers placed amalgam fillings in sheep and then in monkeys with both studies clearly demonstrating the spread of the mercury from the fillings into the various organs and tissues. The results, which were published in the most distinguished scientific journal in the world, were astonishing and irrefutable because the researchers cleverly used the radioactive isotope of mercury to track the mercury from the fillings.



It's All in Your Head: The Link Between Mercury Amalgams and Illness Exposure in Dental Offices:

Medical textbooks state that mercury from dental fillings is a potential hazard to both dental patients and the staff working in the dentist’s office. According to Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 21st edition, 2000, “10% of dental offices have excessive mercury vapor levels.”



Government Intervention to Protect the Public:

Awareness about this systemic poisoning of the population is increasing. For example, the company Degussa AG - the largest producer of dental amalgams in Germany - announced that it would no longer offer amalgam fillings because of pending and future lawsuits. This decision followed a ruling by a Federal Court ruling that dentists who use such fillings face legal liability. The use of mercury amalgams has been banned in Germany, Austria, Denmark and Sweden

Unfortunately, the United States is still in denial. It is up to the patients to protect themselves.



Health Problems Associated with Mercury



Amalgam Dental Fillings: The Poison in our TeethSafe alternatives:

Request fillings made of quartzite and epoxy.



Other Toxic / Harmful Dental Materials:

Unfortunately, it is actually quite common to find toxic elements in dental materials. For example, porcelain has commonly radioactive material added to help give it luminescence (they show up better on x-rays).

Nickel - a known carcinogenic - is commonly found in braces and crowns.

In addition to using non-toxic dental fillings, do make sure that the dental office that you are considering has updated their equipment to include a Dental Digital Radiography or Digital Dental X-Rays. Many still use the antiquated and health-detrimental film x-ray equipment. Dental digital radiography offers far better resolution and dramatically reduces cancer-causing radiation to the patient. It is as a superior diagnostic tool - with the ability to zoom into parts of the image. Last, but not least, it is far more comfortable for the patient and the doctor. If the office doesn't carry it, look for someone who does ...






The Poison in Your Teeth: Mercury Amalgam (Silver) Fillings . . . Hazardous to Your Health!

The book The Poison in Your Teeth explains why amalgam (silver) fillings are hazardous to your health. Mercury amalgam fillings continuously release mercury vapor, the most poisonous, naturally occurring, non-radioactive substance on earth, into your body.

The mercury amalgams emit contributes to over 100 health issues, including:

  • heart disease

  • brain neuron degeneration (Video by the University of Calgary - Faculty of Medicine

  • autoimmune diseases, such as, fibromyalgia and Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

  • chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)

  • Allergies

  • neurological problems, including depression, memory loss, anxiety and fine tremors


Dr. McGuire explains how:

  • mercury is released from amalgam (silver) fillings, stored in the body, and damages health.

  • mercury from amalgams is a cause of autism, learning and developmental disorders.

  • to safely and naturally detoxify mercury from the body.



The Poison in Your Teeth is a must for women who are planning to have a family and are unsure or skeptical about how these fillings affect them, the fetus, and child. It’s also a vitally important book for dentists and health professionals, and anyone who wants to improve their overall health. It's especially for anyone who is skeptical, uncertain, or confused about having these safely removed and replaced.


Please Refer to Legal Disclaimer




GreenAndHealthy.Info strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!