The below provides a general overview on this topic and may not apply to everyone.
Sometimes "holistic care" is interpreted to mean that patients are given some herbs instead of a toxic pill to treat a disease. This is not so. Herbal treatments may be part of it -- but as a general rule, a holistic approach involves a complete overhaul of a patient's lifestyle - which is likely to have caused, or at least contributed, to a patient's poor state of health ...
Please note that this recommendation came from actual cancer patients and survivors. No contact has ever been made with the institute directly and no payment has ever been received. Equally qualified organizations may be in your neighborhood. Raw food preparation classes are also recommended, as long as they stay away from fruit, sugars in any form (please refer to the below:
There are various methods to increase oxygen saturation of the blood and tissues:
- Increase the amount of oxygen in the air you breathe - make sure that fresh air is circulated in your area; including every room you spend time in, as well as your car.
- Practice deep breathing exercises for a few minutes EVERY day. Improper breathing causes oxygen deficiency. It is important to use the full capacity of your lungs by expanding both the chest and lower abdomen. One such exercise involves inhaling slowly filling the lungs to fullest capacity and exhaling through the nose only, making sure that all "spent" air is expelled. Repeat 5 to 10 times as you feel comfortable. It is important to make sure that the breathing exercises are undertaken in an area with plenty of fresh air; preferably outside. Caution: some initial dizziness may occur. Deep breathing also contributes to moving the lymph. Deep breathing in combination with outdoor activities (bicycling, walking / jogging, playing tennis, golf, etc. -- is particularly recommended).
- Bathe in oxygenated water. Add one pint to one quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide (available at any drug store) to your bath water and soak in it. It is important to make sure that the bath water is chlorine-free. Since regular tap water often contains chlorine and other toxins, it is recommended to use filtered water. A shower filter is always recommended to remove toxins and impurities that will otherwise be absorbed through the skin during a shower. Once you have a shower filter installed, you can fill the tub via the shower.
- Avoid exposure to carbon monoxide at all cost -as carbon monoxide reduces the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood. This includes avoiding cigarette smoke, vehicle exhaust, as well as fumes from gas stoves & heaters.
- Fluoride also interferes with oxygen uptake ("Oxygen Oxygen Oxygen" by Donsbach, page 30). Fluoride can typically be found in tap water and dental care products.
- Recommended by a cancer survivor who stated (in her words) that this book was life-altering and lifesaving: "The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-Term Health" -- Even though the material is scientific, this was an easy read ... The Author of the Book "Dr. Thomas M. Campbell II" gave many presentations on this topic that are available on YouTube (simply type in his name and the China Study" and numerous presentations will pop up)
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Changing your lifestyle is not easy, and it requires the cooperation and help of the entire family. However, consider the ramifications of maintaining a lifestyle that lead to your disease. Changing your lifestyle will allow you to get well, enjoy a much higher quality of life -- and nothing to be sniffed at -- a LONGER life. This being said, the above is just a short synopsis of general recommendations and may require modifications as decided on by someone qualified in this area and who knows your specific physical condition and needs. The help, guidance and support of a holistic organization, such as the Hippocrates Health Institute may make the difference between success and failure. (The institute was recommended by several cancer survivors -- no other affiliation exists between Avianweb and this institute. Your holistic consultant (acupuncturists, nutritionists , etc.) may be able to recommend another institute that offers similar programs in your area.
We associate hair loss with chemotherapy, but loss of appetite is a far more serious problem. Chemo and radiation therapies cause nausea, vomiting, altered senses of taste and smell, sore mouth and throat, diarrhea and constipation. Cancer patients frequently become underweight and malnourished. According to Patrick Quillin, Ph.D., RD, CNS - a clinical nutritionist in Encinitas, California, 40% or more of cancer patients actually die from malnutrition.
Mitchell Gaynor, MD, Clinical Assistance Professor or Medicine College of Cornell University and President of Gaynor Integrative Oncology in New York Cit, recommended including a cancer nutrition expert as part of your healthcare team, who determines your level of vitamins, heavy metal toxicity, and immune function. Armed with that information, they can customize a strategy to keep you well nourished. While individual needs vary, many experts list the following as top picks for nutritional support:
- Fish / Fish oil: Omega-3, called EPA, may help immune cells recognize and destroy cancer cells and thus slow their spread, recommends Dr. Qillin.
- Curcumin: Turmeric gets its yellow color from an antioxidant. This potent antioxidant has been shown to induce cancer cell suicide without damaging healthy cells. Dosage: 100 to 800 mg curcumin in capsule form daily or liberal use of turmeric in foods.
- Garlic: May improve appetite by reducing the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Garlic protects your healthy cells.
A daily supplement of 200 microgram of selenium, has been shown in a large placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical study -- the most prestigious type of scientific study of nutrients and drugs -- to cut the death rate from cancer in half.
Specifically, a large group of people who were given each day a yeast tablet enriched with 200 micrograms (mcg) of selenium had only half the number of deaths from cancer over a seven year period as a similarly large control group who were given a daily yeast tablet containing no selenium.
Yeast tablets enriched with 200 mcg of selenium are readily available at pharmacies as well as health stores across the U.S. for about $5 or so for a bottle of 50 to 100 tablets -- only 10 cents or less per day.
The results of this dramatic study were published in the medical profession's own journal: The Journal of the American Medical Association. Nevertheless, most doctors pay no attention to the results.
Selenium (at 10 cents per day or less) has been shown in a large clinical study to cut the death rate from cancer in half and nobody informs the public about it.
According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), research suggests that long-term use of selenium supplements may reduce men's risk of developing prostate cancer by 60 percent. Larger studies are underway.
A World Without Cancer - The Story Of Vitamin B17 57 Minutes
Here is the full text:
G. Edward Griffin marshals the evidence that cancer is a deficiency disease - like scurvy or pellagra - aggravated by ... all » the lack of an essential food compound in modern man's diet. That substance is vitamin B17. In its purified form developed for cancer therapy, it is known as Laetrile.
Why has orthodox medicine waged war against this non-drug approach? The author contends that the answer is to be found, not in science, but in politics - and is based upon the hidden economic and power agenda of those who dominate the medical establishment.
With billions of dollars spent each year on research, with other billions taken in on the sale of cancer-related drugs, and with fund-raising at an all-time high, there are now more people making a living from cancer than dying from it. If the solution should be found in a simple vitamin, this gigantic industry could be wiped out over night. The result is that the politics of cancer therapy is more complicated than the science.
GreenAndHealthy.Info strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!